There is a point where fashion becomes art: when clothes become so much more than fabric, when a creation becomes haute couture. The Craft of Luxury: Haute Couture and Handbags which runs on bonhams.com from 15-26 July showcases the art of haute couture through one exceptional single-owner private collection. The sale features exquisite high-end pieces from key names, such as Valentino, Hermès, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, and Dior, with estimates ranging from £100 - 35,000.
"This particular sale offers the most incredible single-owner couture collection I have ever seen. These are more than just clothes and accessories – this is glamourous lifestyle distilled into beautiful garments of luxury."
Meg Randell, Head of Bonhams' Designer Handbags and Fashion department
Highlights of the sale include:
• Hermès: A Shiny Bleu Colvert Porosus Crocodile Birkin 35, 2012. Estimate: £24,000 - 26,000.
• Massaro for Chanel: A Pair of Red. Leather Pistol Heels. Miami Collection, Cruise 2009. Estimate: £600 - 800.
• Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda: A Floral Hand-Painted Black Ruched Silk Gown. Estimate: £2,000 - 3,000.
• Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda: A Mint Green 'Sunflower' Dress Spring 2014. Estimate: £1,000 - 1,500.
• Christian Dior Haute Couture: A Grey Dress Coat, Autumn 2015. Estimate: £1,000 - 1,500.
• Massaro for Chanel: A Pair of Red Leather Pistol Heels, Miami Collection, Cruise 2009. Estimate: £600 - 800.